I like to consider this a little bit of therapy for the little group of fuctioning brain cells left in my head.

Monday, September 15, 2008

My Bubbaganoush and his rituals

Not sure if I have mentioned before that The Bubbaganoush has Autism. Whilst it isn't the end of the world is does change the dynamics of our family a bit. I won't go into all the ins and outs of living with a child with autism here, that's for another post but it can certainly give you stuff to write about.

Most of the timehe is pretty good but lately he is developing new rituals every day while I battle on to break them. The latest ritual is driving me batty. When I put the car in the garage he always signals that he wants the keys so he can close the roller door, this means the roller door is about to go up and down about half a dozen times. God only knows what the neighbours think. Then he would hand the keys over. Now he hands me the keys and runs around the car to the front, scales the bonnet and windscreen and laughs at me from the roof of the car. Kinda cute the first 30 times but not when he does it at Casey Central Shopping Centre. You can see other parents being torn between feeling horror at the thought of this beautiful little boy falling off the roof, disgust at my parenting skills for letting him get up there (blimey, he's too quick for my old body to stop him) and amusement at the sight of this short fat blonde chick try and talk her clearly very amused son down from the roof of her 4WD.

See, now you're laughing too.

1 comment:

  1. He and Jaymes would get along just fine, they'd wreak havoc on your doors while giggling gleefully.

    ReplyDelete