I like to consider this a little bit of therapy for the little group of fuctioning brain cells left in my head.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Washing....Grrrrr!


Is there anybody out there is blogland who actually likes doing the washing? Sweet mother of all that is smelly, I hate it. It never freakin ends. As you may know, I have 3 kids, 4 if you count the guy who lives at my place and at the moment we have a house guest, the guy who use to live at my place, also known as my ex husband! (long story, in fact, a whole 'nother post I think.) So these days I am doing the laundry of 6 people. And not just 6 normal people. The guy who lives at my place runs a concrete plant so he has 2 sets of clothes a day thanks to the nice sprinkling of cement dust he comes home in and Princess Mack or Big Mack as she is now sometimes referred to as, is a poo machine thanks to her now shortened bowel and poo leaks out of nappies and onto clothes if you do enough of it.


So it's more like 8 peoples washing.


OH MY GOD I HAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And to make matters worse it is that time of year in Melbourne where it is not really wet enough to use your dryer but if you hang the washing on the line it is very possible it will be out there till is resembles tie dye clothing. So I resort to the very messy looking clothes airers all over the house. As if my house wasn't messy enough without it looking like a Chinese laundry, no offence to the Chinese.


My mum even bought me some new wiz bang pegs and peg basket thingy, perhaps to inspire me to do the washing more regularly. And they are really cool but they are still pegs and still require my input to get he washing on the line and off the line.


I swear, if more men had to do the washing, one of two things would happen....


either an amazing washing/drying/folding/ironing/putting away invention would come onto the market to make life easier for them.


Or


They would put those jeans that they only wore from 7pm till 9pm back on the next night.


Better go, I've got washing to do.


Mwah!


3 comments:

  1. I, too, despise washing clothes. I tend to avoid it until we're all bordering on public nakedness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello! my name is tina, i am k.c.'s mama. how are you?
    i am also up my ears in laundy (oh how i hate laundry!) and dishes. my 7 year old is still in diapers but we are close to getting him out of those. it's been tough (very tough) just gotta take it a day at a time.
    so very mice to meet you and your family. i added you to the front page of my blog, it's under the new people whi follow this blog. we are so happy to have new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes if men had to do the washing what a different world it would be!

    ReplyDelete