I like to consider this a little bit of therapy for the little group of fuctioning brain cells left in my head.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

'Been so long I forgot I had a blog

I just checked, I haven't blogged in 9 months. Bad blogger. Oh well, it's not like anyone missed me. Since I last blogged so much and yet so little has changed. The guy who lives at my house is still working like mad and forgetting where he put all of his possessions. (except his mobile phone which fell into the cement pit at work yesterday, he definitely knows where that is now)

Magoo is now getting close to 14 and will go to great lengths to avoid going to school. He hates school but expels so much energy coming up with excuses not to go that if he could just harness his powers for good and not evil he'd be accepted into some sort of accelerated learning program. (well not quite but you get my drift) The only thing he shows any interest in is his Xbox 360 and you can't earn a living playing that unfortunately. Hockey season started 3 weeks ago and as yet he hasn't made it to training. If he plays this year he will make it to his 100th game.

Fletch is just being his usual beautiful self. It is starting to look like we will need to send him to a special school next year. He hasn't been properly tested yet but we think there is an intellectual disability thrown in with the autism because someone thought autism alone wasn't enough for us to deal with. He has now conquered the tv, Wii, PS2, my ipod, my iphone, his Nintedo ds, the dvd player, the tivo and the computers. If only he could brush his own teeth or poo in the toilet. His echo is now so strong that he can repeat just about any word you fire at him which is fun for his speech therapist. His new speech therapist is just fabulous. Her name is Tanya and she also has a child with autism. So she gets it. Fletch uses the word 'no' when he means 'no' and the 'no' when he means 'yes' so it was going to be one of the first things she tackled when we started with her. After one session she knew Fletch well enough to figure out that if she got him saying 'yes' or 'no' she'd never get him saying anything else. So we have thrown ourselves back into PECS to try and help him structure sentences and then we will go back to the yes/no thing later. I have also 'bought' the Boardmaker addendum's disk with out FAHCSIA funding and am now printing madly. Some of the pictures are just hilarious. If you have Boardmaker, try typing in the word 'homely'.

Baybee is no longer a baby. 'Kenzie is now 2 and looking for a career that involves little or no clothing. I dress her, she undresses herself. I redress her, she undresses herself. I give up. She dresses herself in her brother's clothing. I throw my arms up in the air. She can drive me up with wall but she is soooooooooo normal. I had forgotten what normal is.

I still have my Facebook addiction and have set my self a photo challenge this year to attempt to take at least one photo every single day and upload it onto fb. I have been a bit slack the last week and tend to take them each day but only upload once a week, the intention is there. If I can figure out how, I may upload some of the pics up on here. I'm pretty proud of myself. I am using Creative Memories's storybook plus program to tweak them a bit. he album is looking cool.

So should be vacuuming.

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment