I like to consider this a little bit of therapy for the little group of fuctioning brain cells left in my head.

Sunday, June 7, 2009

What do you do on a long weekend?

So, its Sunday, it's a long weekend, and I'm incredibly bored. I have at least 14,385 things I could or should be doing but none of them interest me enough to bother an attempt. I have just put Baybee to bed for her afternoon nap, which means my mum will probably walk in the front door any minute. She always calls in to see the kids right after I put Baybee to bed. Fletcher is playing Wii (surprise, surprise) and is yet to notice that I have turned off all the other gadgets he had going. The guy who lives at my place is playing golf with his brother for the first time in about 18 months, well how ever long ago his clubs got knocked off from the garage. He will no doubt come home and start talking about how he wants to play more often and perhaps he will start playing 9 holes on the way home from work a couple of times a week blah blah blah. Magoo is off with his dad, who is avoiding the nut job girlfriend who claims to be giving birth any moment to a baby she has already claimed to have given birth to 3 times since Christmas. Oh and did I mention that we are at 'dial up speed' until the 10th of the month thanks to Magoo downloading new games and updates for games, oblivious to the fact he is not the only person in the house that might want to use the internet.

I am feeling a 'little' unfocused at the moment. I have a chronic case of mushy brain. Everything goes in there and falls straight out again, usually onto my freshly mopped floors. I honestly can't retain a thing. I have always been a person who lives by the creed 'don't start a new task till you finish the last one' but now it's more a case of 'try to remember the task you were doing so you can one day complete it or get someone else to complete it for you.' I even try making lists and forget where I have put them. As a prime example, I sat down to write a specific post and now don't remember it. I even went to our homeopath and told him of my woes. He gave me 2 remedies to take, once once a day, the other twice a day. DO YOU THINK I CAN REMEMBER TO TAKE THEM? I do think a small part of my problem is my Facebook addiction. I struggle to complete a task without just doing a quick check to see if anyone has left me a message or a comment. I even try to not turn the computer on till I am finished doing 'such and such' but all too often I need something on the computer in order to finish 'such and such'. But damn, Facebook is good isn't it?

So, it's now about 5 hours since I wrote the beginning of this post and what have I done? Virtually nothing. Big Ed just rang and asked if I'd mind if he stayed at his brother's place and had a few drinks with him tonight? Not the slightest bit was my reply. Gives me the tv and the computer to myself to do as I please. But then Magoo started complaining that he feels sick, Fletch has had a temp on and off for 5 days now, so the last thing I feel like is playing nurse tonight but it just might have to be the case. Baybee is helping herself to the 'lite n easy' meal I had heated up for Magoo before he decided he was feeling a bit off. This is after the meal of spaghetti she had just consumed. Clearly, she isn't feeling sick. Ya know what, I think I feel a bit off.

What a fun filled long weekend.




1 comment:

  1. Hi there!
    I know what you mean by "mushy brain." I have long periods of zoning out.
    I haven't tried Facebook but I think I am going to check it out. It sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete