I like to consider this a little bit of therapy for the little group of fuctioning brain cells left in my head.

Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's all too hard

I'm a bit torn at the moment. Blogging is hard enough for me to commit the time to without having to remember special nick names for the husband and kids to avoid stalkers and nut jobs. So can someone tell me what they think on this issue?

On the Fletch front, things are going pretty well. We have been offered a spot in an early intervention program starting next term at a place run by Yooralla and we are ssssssoooooooo excited about it. It is a bit like 3 year old kinda but there will be a speech pathologist, occupational therapist, physiotherapist, kinder teacher and 3 assistants all for 9 kids with additional needs and up to 6 kids from the community. At the moment they are no 'community' kids in Fletcher's session so me might have a lovely small group.

We have also been to see a developmental paed who is putting together an autism treatment plan so we get as much medicare funding as we can.

Fletch is coming out with new words every day or so but still shows no sign of stringing 2 together unless he learns them as a block of words like 'here you go' or 'no more'. I had noticed that he had starting to use a few of these phrases as 'stims'. He will repeat 'it's ok' , 'wassup?' and 'so so sorry' over and over some days for no real reason and always when I raise my voice to tell him off or stop him doing something he shouldn't be doing. The last couple of days I noticed that whenever I go to stop him doing something he will say 'nana' , 'apple' then 'juice'. I haven't figured out yet if it is a stim or if it is to try and divert my attention from what he is doing. Either way, he doesn't actually want the banana, apple or juice, which is driving me crazy because for a few months now we have settled into this nice little system where he tells me what he wants and I get it for him. Sounds good ha?

Some of his new words for the last week or so have been...
'cordigool'...cordial
'coppee'...coffee (for me of course)
'naughty'... funny how he learnt that one)
'Kenzie'... a bit closer to her name, she has been known as Baybee for the last 9 months
I am sure there are more but of course my memory is failing me right now.

Now this is a little video I made a couple of weeks ago when Fletch started singing Old McDonald had a farm. And if you can ignor the fact that he starts to strip, it is really cute. Also, take note of how clean my house looks in this clip, it is a rarety!






Right now I am multitasking in true 'mum' fashion. I type madly for a few seconds then scoop another spoonful of mashed vegies and chicken into Baybee's mouth. She thinks my glasses are pretty funny coz she never sees me in them. She also thinks it is funny to blow a huge 'raspberry' with a mouthful of food so I am going to be picking food from hair and computer sceen when I finish.

Fletch is still having a nap on the couch and Big Ed is snoring way on the other couch. So glad the kids all got his bit of DNA assigned to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment