I like to consider this a little bit of therapy for the little group of fuctioning brain cells left in my head.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The vegie garden, Baybee's teeth and my MIL



Guess who found the pantry today? (like those thighs need more calories!!!)




Don't you just love the finger food stage


And as messy as her Face is, I had to show you Baybee's teeth. She looks like the front ones have been knocked out.

I though I might show everyone the little vegie garden I have been working on in our back yard. I have always wanted one but thought it might help with encouraging Fletcher to try vegies, then again, I might be a bit delusional too. So here it is...



I know you're probably thinking 'she lives in Australia and its Summer, so where's that weather they talk about all the time?' Trust me, we are loving the rain. It's not cold but it is wet, thankgoodness. I have only had to water my vegie garden about 4 or 5 times since we put it in over a month ago. And thanks to water restrictions, it is only being watered by hand with a watering can. God I would love a tank but who has a spare $3000 lying around.

And these are my little baby zucchinis, how cute are they?


Anyway, back to the real world....

Fletcher has gone back to needing a sleep during the day most days but won't have a bar of going to bed to do it so I just let him lay on the couch and hope it happens. The other day he was having a bit of an afternoon snack and fell asleep mid bite.



And for the uninitiated, that's vegemite on toast.


And he has decided that when Baybee is asleep (they share a room) he doesn't want to miss out on any play time with her so he keeps barging in, turning on the light and waking her up. I now have had to put a child proof door nob on the inside and the outside of their bedroom door.

Our little Baybee is well and truly on the move and starting to explore the house. I caught her yesterday going through my recipe books....



On a slightly different topic, does anyone else have a mother in law who means well but keeps f**king up stuff around their house? You do? Phew, I thought it was just me. Yesterday my mother in law came over to watch the little ones so I could go to my painting class. She often throws a load of washing on the line if I have it sitting in the machine waiting for her ( so I make sure there is always one waiting for her!) She must have needed to change Baybee's clothes and it appears she has put bleach in the nappy bucket I was soaking one of my good towels in. I was soaking it because the not so smart guy who lives at my place dried the dogs muddy paws with it the other day (ggrrrr) So now one of my new beautiful pale green egyptian cotton towels is a manky creamy-yellowy-beige.
Tonight is Magoo's grade 6 graduation. We just didn't have those when I was his age. (oops, there I go with that forbidden line) We finished primary school then 6 weeks later, we started high school, no transitions, no ceremonies, no nothin'! And from what I've heard, people are going a bit nuts with the outfits the kids are wearing. I just raced down to K-Mart and bought him a shirt because the last time he had to wear one was 2 years ago at my brother's wedding, so you can imagine the size of that. So I am praying it fits because there is no time to change it. He just told me he was wearing his black t-shirt (I swear, he's bordering on severe boganism) and he asked his grandmother to make him some black pants. No Armani suits for this boy. I will take some photos and post them tomorrow.



2 comments:

  1. OH sniff sniff that was us 12 months ago, Nick just finished year 7 and I can't believe the change in 12 months. Warning, don't buy him any clothes between now and Feb he will grow three sizes and they get shoulders and muscles and BIG feet. Take lots of tissues tonight, you will need them.

    ReplyDelete